This granola produces lovely chunks which are delicious with yoghurt or simply snacked on from the jar. If you prefer a sweeter granola you can use honey instead of rice syrup.
300 g rolled oats
240 g almonds, roughly chopped
60 g flaked coconut
50 g sesame seeds
2 tbls brown sugar
Good pinch of salt
160 g brown rice syrup
60 ml vegetable oil, any neutral flavoured oil will work.
2 egg whites
150 g Iranian dates, chopped
1. Pre-heat your oven to 150 C.
2. Place all of the ingredients except for the dates in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3. Pile onto a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until quite golden brown.
4. Once cooked sprinkle over the dates and then leave to cool completely.
5. Once cooled break the granola up into desired chunks.